Carbon Footprint Policy
Office Friendly is a Business Development Specialist Dealer group in the Workplace products and solutions industry. We recognise the importance of operational and supply chain sustainability through our participation in the Weaver sustainability programme. We are committed to minimising the environmental impact, increasing the sustainability of our operations and complying with all relevant carbon footprint legislation.
At Office Friendly we aim to reduce our carbon impact through more energy efficient methods and best practices on switch of initiatives.
Karen Casey is responsible for ensuring that the carbon footprint policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
Carbon footprint is a key pillar of operational and supply chain sustainability. To meet our goals in carbon footprint reduction, we will:
- Aim to improve our performance in our switch off Initiatives best practices.
- Reduce energy consumption by turning off lighting, heating and office equipment when not in use.
- Replace IT equipment with Laptops
- Reduce mileage by not making any unnecessary journeys
- Continue to introduce measures to reduce our carbon footprint where possible.
- Develop and work to a plan of action outlining such measures and dates for implementation.
- Set realistic targets for carbon footprint reduction and measure against the target
- Ensure that we are fully compliant with existing and future carbon footprint legislation and recommended best practice, where appropriate.
- We will encourage suggestions from team members on additional ways we can reduce our Carbon Footprint.
An action plan will be communicated to our employees through use of our general communications and regular staff meetings. This carbon footprint policy will be made available to all members of staff so they can see our commitments, initial actions and the subsequent results. A full review of this policy will take place on an annual basis.
We provide regular training to our staff to ensure that they are kept informed and included in our carbon footprint activity. New staff receive carbon footprint training as part of their induction.
Signed: Jeanette Bresitz
Date: 10th December 2021
Date of Review: December 2023