Waste Management Policy
Office Friendly is a Business Development Specialist Dealer group in the Workplace products and solutions industry. We recognise the importance of operational and supply chain sustainability through our participation in the Weaver sustainability programme. We are committed to minimising the environmental impact, increasing the sustainability of our operations and complying with all relevant waste legislation.
At Office Friendly the waste impacts of our operations include cardboard, paper, toner cartridges, along with staff food consumption and general Waste.
Karen Casey is responsible for ensuring that the waste management policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
Waste management is a key pillar of operational and supply chain sustainability. To meet our goals in waste management, we will:
- Aim to reduce the environmental impact by introducing better ways to reduce, reuse and recycle our waste.
- Continually review our waste management measures to improve performance further.
- Develop and work to a plan of action outlining such measures and dates for implementation.
- Set a target for waste management improvement and measure against the target.
- Ensure that we are fully compliant with existing and future waste management legislation and recommended best practice, where appropriate.
- We will encourage suggestions from team members on additional ways we can reduce Waste .
An action plan will be communicated to our employees through use of our general communications and regular staff meetings. This waste management policy will be made available to all members of staff so they can see our commitments, initial actions and the subsequent results. A full review of this policy will take place on an annual basis.
We provide regular training to our staff to ensure that they are kept informed and included in our waste management activity. New staff receive waste management training as part of their induction.
Signed: Jeanette Bresitz
Date: 18th December 2021
Date of Review: December 2023